WREN Radio went on the air in Lawrence, Kansas, in 1926. The call letters came from LaWRENce city name. The station was owned by Bowersock Mills whose main product was Jenny Wren Flour, and was the station’s first commercial advertiser. WREN relocated to Tonganoxie in 1932 (still owned by Bowersock) in a (then) state of the art Studio and transmitter building. The WREN bird statue that stands in a park in Topeka was made and stood in front of the Tonganoxie studios.

The station returned to Lawrence in the 40s to a magnificent building full of live performance studios. The station was located there until 1952 when it moved to Topeka,

The station was purchased by former Kansas Governor and 1936 Presidential candidate, Alf Landon. His son-in-law, Phil Kassebaum, purchased the station from Mr. Landon and operated it until it was purchased by a Kansas City group.  The station went off the air in 1988.

Frank Chaffin & Les Glenn resurrected the once famous station as a streaming internet station in January of 2012.